Popular Posts

Saturday, July 11, 2015

And we wait.......


Two weeks ago we had the opportunity to take our kiddos here to one of the best Amusement parks! They were so excited, even if waiting 2 hours in the cold, misty weather,,meant they got to ride a 1 minute coaster:). I remember back when I was young, waiting in those lines never bothered me (neither did the rides), they do now! After the ride was over the laughter and smiles made those waiting times worth it. 

Last week, "Mr. Disney", did it again! He is our Anonymous donor who sends all of us here at PHC to Disney! It was hot, crowded, and you guessed it, we were left waiting again in 2 plus hour lines. We had to fight rain again, BUT the memories, the laughter, the stories, and the fun once again made it worth it! Even our pure exhaustion and lack of sleep was worth the time we spent waiting!

If you are like me, during the waiting time it is hard, it is challenging, and quite honestly, frustrating at times. These last 2 weeks we found ouselves waiting a lot and I look on our life right now and see us still waiting! 10 years and counting to be exact, BUT once we get through this line, this time, the bumps, and frustrations it will be worth it. I have to remind myself of this so much, and if you are reading this you've probably reminded me as well a time or two. So today, I am reminded yet again, to just "Be Still" in this moment and KNOW my God is God, is Good, and He is in control! 

Speaking of waiting, I've kept you all waiting a long time for more updates! I never have time to sit at a computer, right now while our children rest I am typing from my phone. I apologize and decided since many have asked, I would update! We've been approached a few times about babies who need a home, none of those situations were our miracle, they are part of our story though. We knew with this, disappointments would come, and also in those we know we have the power to still choose joy, choose peace, and hold onto hope! Hope came when we received a letter from Show Hope, which is Steven Curtis Chapman's organization. They help families adopt by giving out grants! We knew this was a very hard grant to receive and honestly my doubting Thomas came out a time or two! We applied for this grant in February and received our letter in June. I opened it up so slowly! It reminded me of those letters you get when applying to colleges, you are either excepted or not! Well, my eyes went straight to a $ sign, I screamed, cried, and just could not believe they chose us to be a part of their Show Hope family! I was a bit embarrassed as I opened that letter in the office here, yet it was nice for those around me to witness God's hand!!! Which, it has been apparent He has been a part of all this! At that moment the waiting seemed worth it and He made it much easier for us to in fact wait and meet our placement goal! When our Home Study was approved back in February, I went straight to work filling out every grant we could, we are still waiting to hear from those, we appreciate your continued prayers! Thank you for your prayers during all this and those who have financially helped, thank you as well! 

So where are we at in all this.....I am sure you can guess, waiting, waiting for our match and our phone call. While that is hard and tiring, I do not want to jump ship and miss out or cut in line and rob someone else of their joy, their time. So we will wait because when we get off this ride the shear joy and excitement will be so worth it when we hold our little one, the little one God has promised us, given us a name for, and trusted us to already love!

Anyone in any similiar situation, hold onto hope! My prayer is that through this process for us you will see a mighty, loving God!!

"So I wait, for you, so I wait, for you! I'm falling on my knees, offering all of me!"

"Be still and know that I am God!" Psalm 46:10

Love,
Us:)



No comments:

Post a Comment